Re: methods for secondary museum ed.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sidnie Miller (sidmill.edu)
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 20:54:46 -0800 (PST)

Katherine -- When you consider the time involved in introducing your
students to one artist-in-residence as opposed to showing 25 or 30
diverse slides and discussing style or technique or composition or
emotion or color or a million different aspects in any one day--you can't
beat it! A million times better?? I don't think so. Seeing artists and
work in person is certainly valuable if the artist-in-residence is good,
but if they aren't you will waste time and turn your kids off. Aim for a
good balance. I live 250 miles from anywhere--and even when you get
there the museums are poor. My students can still get excited about work
from reproductions and slides,,. and they get excited about seeing each
other's work in person.

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #