Re: grad students on atsednet

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
J. Stephen Lahr (jslahr.edu)
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:41:37 -0500 (EST)

As soon as our graduate program is up and running I will put my students
in contact with those of you interested in exchanging ideas and comparing
notes concerning programs. There is little or not coordination of art
education programs in higher education in the state of Georgia. Our
small University is seeking NASAD accreditation, and our standards for
the art education degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate
levels is extremely strong. An indepth study of DBAE theories, principles,
and practice is part of our curriculum at both levels. I am interested
in what other university and college programs are doing at this point in
time. How much time is devoted to DBAE? Is a special course offered?
Are art education students required to take an aesthetics course in
philosophy? Is assessment taught in Ed. Psycology as well as in Art
Education courses? How well prepared are the professors to handle these
topics? Etc. Undergraduate and graduate student input is appreciated as
is faculty input.

Juried publication opportunity: As editor of the GAEA Journal, I would
like to invite graduate students, faculty members, and art teachers to
submit articles on new technologies in art educaiton or innovative
approaches to teaching art education. E-mail me
<jslahr.edu> for details. Deadline is March 1,
1996 with publication set for summer 1996.