Re: recent unpleasantness

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Derek Parsons (dcparson.us)
Thu, 04 Jan 1996 17:52:42 -0800

Marge Dickinson wrote:

> I too am staying although I must admit that I didn't know what happened. I
> complained to my local webmaster and darned if they didn't get Sprint out
> to look at their lines. It happened that they went down about the same
> time and they thought it was their fault. You can imagine I did a little
> apologizing - but it did prove they were on top of things.
>
> On a happier topic, is anyone interested in "arts assessment"? We are
> doing things here in Illinois. After working 25 years in the art trenches,
> I have been working as a consultant to school districts helping them get
> ready for assessment in the arts - as we (all four arts) are part of the
> school improvement process and must be tested with site-based and developed
> assessments. Many good things are coming from it although there was heavy
> resistance at the beginning. If anyone is interested, let talk.
>
> Marge Dickinson
> Galva
>
> Marge Dickinson
> Galva, IL
> e-mail: dickinsonm
> phone: 309-932-2880
> fax: 309-932-8207I would like to know alot more about you information about assessment. I
have found all too often that if a child can't do something with art that
it is merely dismised and the child is just told to find another area
that he/she can do well in. I beleave that this type of thinking allows
children to ease through the areas that they should be working through in
order for them to creat a greater understanding. Just my thouhghs.