Re: [teacherartexchange] HS sculpture ideas

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2012 - 09:17:11 PST

Thanks, San D. The tessellation idea sounds intriguing. The school is
trying to be more holistic and interdisciplinary and this might be a
good way of doing something different in the art department.

FYI (the "Y" being "Y'all"): We do not have restrictions on portraying
humans or animals; in fact, self portraits have been taught here for
years (my grade 10 girls moaned when I broached the subject--"Please,
miss, no! We've had to do self portraits every year since 7th grade!").
That had been a concern of mine when I interviewed for the position, but
it's not been a problem. It's just those witches (and pigs!) that I
have to be careful about.

Maggie