RE: [teacherartexchange] HS sculpture ideas

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2012 - 07:43:58 PST

Oh, I had forgotten you are in an Islamic country. Here's what I would do then, 3-D tessellations in clay. First design the tessellations, then roll out the air dry clay, and have each student make their "tile" so they fit together. Then I would cast each of those individual tiles in handmade paper (easiest to use toilet paper and just take a sponge and dab it onto top of your tile using 3 layers). Then pop off the cast paper tiles and you have something each student could matt, or you could put them all together for a larger piece.

obviously the tessellations would be non human/animal but geometric. Although if I remember about Islamic art, they forms can be leaves.

San D