[teacherartexchange] Teenage Self Image--looking for participants

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2012 - 09:02:04 PST

I am asking a favor!

I have a team of students who have a chance to create a display at the local art center and wondered if any of you would like to have your students participate. We would like to include your teenage students' art.

The theme is on self image, 'Teenage Self Image', and they are trying to put up a show wth a geographically broad survey of respondents.

We are looking for 6-10 high schools to do this with us. We would send out a packet for 12 students at each school but of course you could use it with more kids if you want.

We will mail you a fun package of basic materials for a dozen students to make the project. Essentially the project is to alter a photo of yourself so that it is more readily apparent on the surface what you really are like inside. Adhere your photo to a 6" x 12" foam board and collage it, add to it, mark it out, paint it, etc. The photo of the student is the one thing we cannot send you--that would need to be provided from your end.

 We wil make a post of the show online so you could see what happened with your art.

The students will be sending you a small packet of project handouts, foam core backing, and other helps for the project.

If you are interested, keep in mind we would need you to mail the package back to us to arrive by March 1.

If you think you can squeeze this in with all your other lessons and finish by then--please write me privately with your school's snail mail address and we'll get back to you.

Thank you so much.

Beth Heisey