RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: January 08, 2012

---------

From: Wendy Wells (wwells_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2012 - 14:18:16 PST

Hi Kathy-I would like to hear more about vision boards. Sounds interesting. thanks-Wendy
Wendy Wells
Visual Arts Teacher K-12
wwells@wnwsu.org

Subject: Back to school after Winter Break
From: Katherine Purdy <kjp1627@lausd.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 12:42:36 -0800

Hi everyone,

I have been teaching 7th/8th Art at a public gifted magnet school for
10 years. Even though I am at a gifted school, my classroom is
comprised of
many different learners, ESL kids, special needs kids, kids with IEP's
and the 7 or so gifted ones! It's ethnically diverse and pretty
exciting most of the time!

My curriculum is project based-focusing a lot on 3-D projects because
I find that projects like origami, duct tape crafts, and Pop Art
paper mache really appeal to the kids who have decided they are not
artists because they can't draw. For the last two years I have been
doing vision boards after Winter Break. Still a relatively new
project for me. Wondering if anyone else out there does this
project? I start it out by having the kids create a life list of 100
short term or long term goals and dreams they have for themselves.
However I hesitate to start a new project on the day after Winter
Break.....I usually start the following day.

So would anyone out there like to share what they do IMMEDIATELY
following a three week break? Cleaning the room and an ice breaker
comes to mind but I am not loving those ideas!

Thanks,
Kathy
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This transmission may contain confidential and/or
privileged material and is transmitted for the intended
recipient/s exclusively. Any use, re-transmission, copying,
reproduction, circulation, publication, dissemination or
distribution by any person(s) or entity other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited and will be enforced
by all legal means, including action for damages. If you receive
this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the
material from any computer or other storage device or media.
Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of
this communication cannot be guaranteed.