RE: [teacherartexchange] Aluminum Can Sculpture

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 14:52:28 PST

Many years ago we did aluminum can sculpture insects. This was on a high school level. They were challenged to first find a place in the school that wasn't obvious, but WAS public that a insect (fly, spider, etc) would land, and that space would be where they would put their insect upon completion. The insects were mixed media, including wire, fibers, beads, etc, and looked terrific in their new locations when they were done. We had dragonflies, butterflies, flies, spiders, ants, caterpillars, all kinds of whimsical insects.

Another time we took aluminum cans and made fish out of them and turned them into mobiles so that the fish swam everywhere.

San D