Re: [teacherartexchange] Ken's Weave Drawing with a new twist

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 08:54:57 PST

I am following all this with interest, Judy. I post the Stanford site frequently to
my poetry lists and we've had many discussions because quoting three lines of a
haiku is reproducing the whole thing, and in our case, using Japanese old
master haiku in haiga involves getting the permission of whoever translated it
because even the oldest translations are still in public domain.

The basic precaution that when you're up against a media conglomerate or a
very determined estate with profit at issue, you may wind up with expensive
legal bills proving that your use of an image falls within 'Fair Use'.

Linda