Texas Teachers

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 18:06:44 PST

If you agree with the following information, please copy, paste to a
new
e-mail, and add your name to the petition and forward to 10 people.
When
there are 1000 names listed, please forward petition to the email
address below and to kheldt@qcisd.net . I will fax a copy of the
petition to our Texas governor. He does not have an official email
address to which the message can be forwarded.

HE 1000TH PERSON SEND IT ON TO THE E-MAIL BELOW:
    President@WhiteHouse.gov
    mailto:President@WhiteHouse.gov
    mailto:President@WhiteHouse.gov

President Bush,
    We need help to change the current laws regarding Social
Security benefits for Texas teachers and support personnel who are
eligible for or receiving retirement benefits through the Teacher
Retirement System of Texas.
    I understand that when I retire my social security benefits will
be reduced based on the amount of retirement I will receive from the
Teachers Retirement System. NO OTHER working group is penalized in
this
manner! A woman who has NEVER worked is entitled to full benefits
under
her husbands social security. Other people can draw their full
retirement AND full social security benefits. It is wrong that one
working group (teachers & support personnel) are penalized in this
manner. No wonder it is difficult to find people who are willing to
spend their lives teaching....only to be penalized upon retirement!!!
    Something needs to be done to protect this special group of
people. They work to teach the next generation of American's, yet
they
are abused by the very system we are to teach our children to support.
We are defenseless against this onslaught. As other minorities, we
need
the support and assistance of our lawmakers to right this wrong.
    As President of this great nation and a fellow Texan, your support
of legislation to right this wrong perpetrated against Texas teachers
and support personnel would be greatly appreciated.

1. Kathleen Heldt (Queen City)
2. Donna Bird (Queen City)
3. John W. Bird (Queen City)
4. Gary Endsley (West Texas A&M University-TRSI)
5. Claire Hodgin (West Texas A&M University - TRSI)
6. Marsha Alexander (Roscoe, Texas)
7. Vicky Walters (Abilene, TX)
8. Melissa Morales (Abilene, TX)
9. Raylene Conner (Henderson, TX)