Re: anamorphic art - other examples

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 05:09:40 PST

I did this a couple years ago - I just didn't know it had a name! :-) I took
the student's picture with the digital camera, printed them out 8 x 10", and
the students drew a 1" grid on them. On the 12x18" paper they drew a grid
using the same number of lines, only they drew them wavy. It was soooo much
fun to see the students reactions when they ended up with completely
distorted self-portraits! It took some of the fear out of doing them. Thanks
for jogging my memory - I think I'll do them again with my Art 1 classes.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> > thanks so much for these anamorphic resources. This stuff is way cool-I
had
> > forgotten about it. I have to believe that my jr high students would
love
> > this. Has anyone tried a lesson on this?
> > mike sacco

---