Fwd: Squeezing Blood Out of Turnips

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RWilk85411
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 08:50:16 EST

--part0_920209817_boundary

From: RWilk85411
To: Spark2arts
Subject: Re: Squeezing Blood Out of Turnips
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 08:49:25 EST

I teach in Myrtle Beach, SC. I teach at Carolina Forest Education Center High
School. I would ordinarily teach three hour and a half classes every day with
an hour and a half planning and 25 minutes for lunch. This year in order to
accommodate my Art Major students in a more educationally sound situation, I
voluntarily gave up my planning period. I won't do it again next year. Nine
classes a day doesn't seem like it would allow enough time to even pretend to
teach art. I thought Charleston was more advanced than that. It's that kind of
approach that continues to render our country so culturally illiterate.
Reatha Wilkins

--part0_920209817_boundary--