Re: Op Art paper

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Aimee Burgamy (ABurgamy)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:47:42 -0600

I work in an art museum that regularly purchases vinyl lettering for
exhibition title walls from a quickie sign company called "Signs In One
Day". The signs are made from large sheets of adhesive vinyl that is
mounted on a white backing and comes in all colors. In sign production the
letters are cut by a laser leaving large areas of extra colored vinyl (the
negative space) which is generally still large enough for a crafty person
to make something out of. The shop has donated much of this left over
material to the museum's studio for art projects. Maybe it would work for
your Op Art project.