E-Mailing Lists ~There are others just like us!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
S. Henneborn (heneborn)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:17:10 -0600

--------------8CE30865390CA334B373ECA8

*****I just couldn't resist sending this on to you all. I had a good chuckle
when I came home from a very long day dealing with all the things that must be
sorted out after 2 days of having a substitute.

> Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a
> light bulb?

> A: 1,343 - 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list
> that the light bulb has been changed;
>
> 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
> light bulb could have been changed differently;
>
> 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;
>
> 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light
> bulbs;
>
> 53 to flame the spell checkers;
>
> 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames;
>
> 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb";
>
> another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive;
>
> 156 to write to the list administrator about the light bulb
> discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list;
>
> 109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please
> take this email exchange to litebulb-l;
>
> 203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and
> illuminati-l about changing light bulbs be stopped;
>
> 111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light
> bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this mail list;
>
> 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
> to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
> this technique and what brands are faulty;
>
> 27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;
>
> 14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the
> corrected URL's;
>
> 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
> this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list;
>
> 33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers
> and footers and then add "Me too";
>
> 12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they
> cannot handle the light bulb controversy;
>
> 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three";
>
> 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ;
>
> 44 to ask what is "FAQ";
>
> 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago on
> Usenet?"
>
> 143 to ask "what's Usenet?"
>
> Received from Carol Pfeifle.
>
> -=+=-
>
> Remember when the funniest jokes were the clean ones? They still are!
>
> The Good, Clean Funnies List: Good, clean funnies five times a week,
> FOR FREE!
>
> Send email to gcfl-info for subscription information.
> Or, use our web page -> http://www.gcfl.net

--------------8CE30865390CA334B373ECA8

[You are subscribed to GCFL as heneborn]

/* Those on other mailing lists should relate to this one... Others
may not get it. If not, ask your nearest computer guru. */

Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a
light bulb?

A: 1,343 - 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list
[...]

Send donations or other correspondence to:
GCFL
Box 12021
Huntsville, AL 35815
USA

A cheerful heart is good medicine... Prov 17:22a

--------------8CE30865390CA334B373ECA8--