Stuffed Paper creatures....
1) Fold a large sheet of butcher paper in half.
2) Using a marker, draw the contour of a fish, jelly fish, crab, etc.
leaving at least 2" of paper around the outside of the drawing.
3) Cut out like you are cutting a pattern for clothing... leaving the
extra for a seam.
4) Staple the 2 halves of paper half way.
5) Add more drawing and collage decorations to both sides.
6) Stuff lightly with crumpled scraps and newspaper, staple shut.
7) Punch a hole (might want to put tape on the edge first, then punch
through it for strenght). Tie a string through the hole.
8) Display by hanging from ceiling.
Life under the sea!
Kayenta Intermediate School
Julie Trzybinski wrote:
> I am looking for some creative ideas for an "ocean" based art project for second graders - help!