RE: Presentations at NAEA

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:10:09 -0600

Hi Sharon and all, Just a reminder that I will have bright neon orange
stickered nametags, for anyone who wants them to identify the artsednet
group, at the Sax booth.

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: S. Henneborn [heneborn]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 8:10 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Presentations at NAEA

I prefer presenting the hands on workshops because the numbers are
predetermined. I will be presenting Tessellation - Art Math Connection.

I also like to be scheduled at the end of the evening. I seem to get that
second wind and there is no pressure to vacate the room.

I would go to National even with the flaws just to be with that many fellow
art teachers. I always come home invigorated and with significant new
information.

Some peeves about National. Was it Chicago where the rooms had the big
poles
in the middle of the rooms? San Francisco had rooms too small and the
building was very confusing. When the conference centers are several
buildings combined I get very disoriented and by the time I figure out the
pattern it is Sunday and time to go home!

My biggest peeve used to be presenters that write a description and do not
come close to presenting what was in the program description.. that was
until
I had a description edited to a longer sentence and a few changed words
altered the topic altogether!

I once made the mistake of assuming a session at our state conference that
was
scheduled for 8:00 would not have a large attendance. If the teachers are
interested in the subject they will fill a room an matter what time.

Remember that at Chicago there was record attendance and far more people
registered at the conference than could have been expected There were 1,000
more people than planned for and they had to squeeze in somewhere!

Looking forward to seeing you all. We should print our email names on the
name tags or put a predetermined symbol on our name tags so we can recognize
each other.

Sharon
NJ