Re: Quicker lessons--help!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:09:01 -0500

Hi Stephanie --
I can sympathize!! The weeks fly by when you only meet kids once a week.
Kdg: folded paper with "blobby dots" of tempera (can use as is or cut into
symmetrical shapes next class), paper strip sculptures, collages that look
like faces (or whatever), drawings of bugs
1st: drawing of an imaginary pet, aluminum foil guys (quite a thread on
that one a few months back!), paintings of house shapes, drawing of "If I
Were Food", Cut paper designs utilizing both positive and negative shapes
3rd: self-portrait drawing, draw a fantasy machine, pastel landscapes
having foreground & background
4th: calligraphy, architecture drawings using rulers, drawing shadows from
simple still life, draw "Something Scary",
5th: draw with Elmers on colored construction paper first week, color in
with pastels 2nd week (eye'catching on black altho reminiscent of black
velvet Elvises...), expressionistic self-portrait, one-point perspective
drawings (shapes or letters), a series of gesture drawings from models or
overhead projections, op art ( thin black marker lines close together --
kind of like Bridget Riley's stuff --) kind of looks like rumpled
bedspreads, handmade slides that can be projected during show
Good luck!
Liz in rural NY