Re: Brushes in Coke

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 06:38:45 -0800

Sears, Ellen wrote:

> This is the
> worst year I have had with my middle school students and cleaning brushes.
> I also spend a period on brush construction, expansion, contraction etc... I
> don't know what is going on. I still find brushes everywhere. Wet, with
> paint, in water etc.

Ellen,

This may or may not be feasible for your situation, but I used to have
the same problem with my HS students. It wasn't until I gave them
temporary ownership of the brushes (with their initials on a masking tape
"flag" on the handle) that they started taking much better care of them.
We do the same with palettes, palette knives, drawing pens...anything
that needs a thorough cleaning at the end of class.

Hope this helps.

Maggie