Re: art ed magazines?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Morales (tim104)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:18:35 -0500

E. Hess wrote:

>My school gets me one student copy of Scholastic Art. Are there good
>magazines out there, what are they, and how do I find them? I've looked
>on the web, I've looked at Border's Bookstore, I've looked at magazine
>discounters lists. Can you give me 800 numbers? Addresses?

You may want to consider the journals published by the NAEA. One is
entitled, Art Education and the other is Studies in Art Education. They
offer a more critical perspective than Scholastic Art or Arts & Activities.

I'm including NAEA info in case you don't have it.

Members subscription to AE: $25/yr.
Non-members subscription to AE: domestic, $50/yr; Canadian, $65/yr;
foreign, $68/yr

National Art Education Association
1916 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1590