Re: Brushes for Elementary use?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:01:26 -0800

JIM WITTSTRUCK wrote:

> I need help finding a good type of brush for elementary tempera painting.
> The ones I have seem to slide off their handles after a short life.

I've been using the Crayola 1" brushes for many years--I can get them
free from our central warehouse. We use them for acrylics, tempera, and
ceramic glazes. They hold up great with proper care. If you're having
problems with the ferrule coming off the handle, allow the brushes to dry
while laying flat, not bristle-end-up.

Maggie