art history

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 13:35:08 -0600

HI Michelle,
Let's take a step back for a moment, instead of answering your question ,where
did it come from? Is it a class assignment or do you need to justify it to
yourself for some reason? Just curious.
For myself I can't imagine not tying in art history or any related information
to make a lesson richer. Teaching a lesson just for a skill seems like one is
cheating the student from what could be a far more meaningful lesson.
In some respects when you create art you are creating a history. You have made
something that records a moment , a feeling you had, a statement about something
that happened. (Boy I hope I came across in what I meant in that one.) To
ignore the histories connected to art seems like half a lesson.
And Henry, I love the Plark example!

MaryB