Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1255

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Wendy Manning (wmanning)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 14:22:45 -0400

RWilk85411 wrote:

> In a message dated 2/21/99 2:51:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> mmprice writes:
>
> << Would anybody like to tell me why art history is important in teaching
> art? >>
>
> Someone help me out here. It is early and I have only had one cup of coffee.
> It takes at least three more and a few more hours of being awake to reach
> consciousness.
> Reatha

It helps them to understand all the art references on the Simpsons! ;)
At least that's what I hear from my students - comments like "I wondered why Homer
was running over that funny-looking bridge: now I know it was Monet's Japanese
bridge!... and Van Gogh's Starry night was there, too, except it was Springfield!"

Sigh.
Wendy