Re: Meaning, Intention

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Deb (hyland5)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:13:32 -0600

--------------B3708F979648E77089477A45

Just a thought - might Jackson Pollack have said the same thing about,
for example, "Lavender Mist"?

Deb

Ayesha Jones wrote:
He said he didn't care if the work succeeded in reaching anyone or
not--he was happy with the way he had expressed himself.

That's bunk! He's scared to come out with what he's trying to do--and
hides behind that old "it's just for me" saw--which was never true even
way back when. One of art's main function is as a vehicle of
communication. Try to coax him--and your students--out in the open by
letting them know it's OK to do what they're doing no matter how painful

it may be to open up about it. And you won't laugh!

Best wishes,
Joseph