Re: how museums make art history -who carries the weight?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MCALLANILO
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:11:47 EST

In a message dated 2/12/99 11:15:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gregjuli writes:

> Tooo funny. No one ever told me that was the formula to be a successful
> artist. I
> thought you had to be starving and then die. The kids in the middle school
> are
> always asking me why do you have to die before you become a famous artist.

The other thing I get is that all artists, it seems, are "Renaissance" artists
. . . Monet, Degas, Kandinsky, you name 'em.

heck, I could even be a renaissance artist!

Seems I'm going to have to have a serious chat about time periods and
movements in art and histroy with these kids!