Re: resumes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:40:57 -0500

That's a great idea. When I went on an interview last summer I
brought along some samples of projects and I don't want to keep kids
work so I had my 4 and 8 year old make some too. I did however have
an abundance of photos which I had been taking the past 2 years of
doing DBAE and other projects and brought some of those also. They
were very impressed.
Now what I do is have a weekly newsletter for the class I'm
teaching. I post it outside the room and I have pictures next to it
of some of the kids making the project. They love this. Sometimes if
we are doing a project on an artist I might say: "Meet Molly"- for
Meet Matisse project. On our open house I kept all the kids 3d
projects and the projects from he rest of the year I had photos of.
On the table I set up a few of the pieces with lesson and photos and
then a small blurb about what could have been better what worked,
what they loved etc.
i.e.- On giocometti, well we never got to the plaster part, they
loved sticking pipe cleaners in the styrofoam so much they wanted it
kept that way.

--
john barrick
http://home.fuse.net/astroboy