Re: Van Gogh speak....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 20:41:10 -0500

Bunkie Kramer wrote among other things:
>How do the rest of you here in
>the USA pronounce names?...as most Americans have learned to do so, or by
>the artistsí native tongue? And how about those of you in other countries?
In my country, Iceland, we try to pronounce most names,peoples or other
countries and cities, as they are pronounced by the people of that country.
Some names however like some cities do actually have icelandic names, like
you also have english names for cities like: Rome or Venice or Florence. I
personally believe in using the pronounciation of the native tounge.
Best regards from the far north, Rosa