Re: [Fwd: Re: art on a cart frustrations!!!]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:50:01 -0800

BluesTruth wrote:

> Just because the kids have a million colors
> and supplies, is this art more beautiful than the kid who just has crayons, a
> pencil and white paper? <snip> I work in a
> school with a limited budget, but my student's work is wonderful with so
> little in supplies to choose from!!

Jacques D'Amboise, the dancer and choreographer, gave a wonderful speech
at the AZ AEA conference once. In it, he talked about how "art is about
limitations," and how the less a dancer--and presumably visual artist--
has to work with, the more it can release their creativity. Ever since
that speech, I've given my students assignments with limited parameters.

Maggie