RE: Seconday School Visual Arts

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:01:05 -0500

My student teacher just did a similar thing using white plastic plates. We
gave the kids the 3 primaries and they had to mix the rest in order, thus
creating a color wheel palette. Then we gave them real fruits and
vegetables-up close and personal-to study. They did a painting exercise in
which we encouraged the use of complements for shading and helped them look
for subtleties of color. Next we are going to have them do the same thing by
using cross-hatching with colored pencils. We have also done the
impressionism thing and a unit on expressionism and its use of arbitrary
color. Linda in NC