Unsighted art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bill Chandler (chandleb)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:55:59 -0600

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:20:35 EST
From: Bowiedog
Subject: Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1226

I could use some info on teaching the unsighted--I want to give a very special
child a valid art experience.

A number of years ago I was given a copy of "How Can I Draw What I Can Not
See". This is an account of a teacher in Japan working with blind
students. Many photos of actual work in sculpture and 2-D. If you can
find a copy I think it would be an inpiration to you. Unfortunately, is
likely out of print will have to check with interlibrary loans at your
local college or university.

Good luck! I look forward to future postings of your success.

bill chandler

  • Reply: vranck: "Re: Unsighted art"
  • Reply: MCALLANILO: "Re: Unsighted art"
  • Reply: DeDeRuss: "Re: Unsighted art"
  • Reply: Sharon Hause: "Re: Unsighted art"