RE: artsednet-digest V2 #1223

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:18:01 -0600

Nonbleeding colored tissue is found on p.143 in the Sax 1999 catalog. 240
sheet package for $32.95 3/pkg $28.00 product#408 1303. Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Art [t35839.us]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 3:44 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1223

I'm seeing lots of entries to the listserv on grading in middle and upper
grades, but I need some discussion on grading in the elementary grades.
Do you elem. folks use rubrics? How do you give a needs improvement,
without bruising self esteem? When I first started this year, (my first)
I told the kids as long as they gave it their best effort they would get
a "Satisfactory" from me. I really think art in the lower grades serves
a great purpose in boosting self esteem. What would constitute an "N" or
a "U"? How can I give the 5th grader who has learning disabilities,
who's art is below chronological ability level, an N or U if he's sat
quietly working intensly on his project?

Secondly, where do you get colored tissue paper that doesn't bleed?!
Thanks,
A.Zincone, Johnston Co. North Carolina