Re: Markers on Pots

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 19:37:08 +0000

Are you sure the fine lines on the pieces were done with a sharpie pen?
That doesn't sound correct to me at all.

I can see the artist/potter signing their work with a sharpie after the
piece has been fired because that would be the only was to make a somewhat
permanent signature on it.

Some artist/potters don't sign all their work. A signed piece has more
value than an unsigned piece. It also becomes a more intimate conversation
between the artist and consumer when the piece when is signed, something
like having a book autographed.

Numo Jaeger
Studio One Art Center
Oakland CA