Re: Marker on clay

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:28:56 +0000

I have used Mod Podge on kids clay pieces and the colors did run a bit.
This can produce some interesting effects that might be fun and exciting
for the kids to see though.

You could use a spray shellac or acrylic clear spray coating which is less
likely to make the watercolor markers bleed. The one caveat is that the
teacher would need to be the one spraying the shellac on their work though
since the material is not suitable for young students to use with out
wearing the proper safety respirators.

Numo Jaeger
Studio One Art Center
Oakland CA