Papier mache' wheat paste

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
S. Henneborn (heneborn)
Sat, 06 Feb 1999 22:40:53 -0600

------------------------------

Date: Tue., 2 Feb. 1999 17:55:59 -0500
From: "menichino" <menichino>
Subject: Papier mache paste

***There was a thread on this subject this summer so you can refer to if you
are interested. The wallpaper paste you always bought in the hardware
store/lumber yard is the same . It has a new label. It contains pesticides
for insects and RAT poison so it is not safe to use for art projects. Don't
keep looking. The product is the same just with new warning labels.

Sorry, Sharon from NJ

(Hi everyone --
Has anyone else had trouble getting wallpaper paste from local lumber
yards, hardware stores lately? I ran out of the supply I ordered from
Nasco, but I figured no problem I can just buy some. It's amazingly hard
to find! I think they've replaced most of the wheat paste with synthetic
stuff that says caution do not use with children.... I know flour and
water works, but anyone have any other ideas for an easy mixing paste for
laminated paper projects? Well, at least I now know to order plenty for
next year!!
Liz in rural NY)