Re: tempra

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sat, 06 Feb 1999 18:01:33 -0500

try adding "Modeling paste"- is that what I'm thinking?? i remember
white paste. You could try the flour but it will mold if unused and
I can't promise anything after it's used. I know whatever you add-
such as
flour or other foreign "Live" substance will mold in the jars if
reclosed and left to sit. They will smell really bad. So whatever
you use to thicken, do it right before using. Check out "the
Artist's Materials and technique handbook". You could make an
impasto and add different gels and substances to experiment with.
Sounds like a great exploratory lesson.

Laurann65 wrote:

> In a message dated 2/3/99 10:57:34 PM Central Standard Time,
> meemo writes:
>
> << Does anyone know how to thicken tempra paint? Some of the old bottles I
> have are so runny >>
>
> How about leaving them open for a while so the water evaporates, but not open
> long enough to dry completely? Just an idea.
> :) Laura Allan

Sandra Barrick

astroboy