Re: Art on a Cart

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 03:45:54 -0500

Glenda wrote:

> I was really thinking about changing jobs which would mean "art on a
> cart" but after hearing your stories I may stay where I am.  I have a
> wonderful classroom....BUT....I have to drive 50 to 60 minutes one way
> (depending on weather and traffic).   And that's getting old!

Me too, Glenda. I've been thinking twice about the same thing. It is
demoralizing to work as hard as we do while being so unappreciated. I
have room and all the supplies I could want, but deal with the issue of
time. I teach six 50 minute classes a day times 5 days and have 1/2 hour
at recess plus 15 minutes at lunch for my "planning period." A big plus
for me is that, with just a few exceptions, my colleagues empathize.
They are very good about being on time, most of them let me know of
schedule changes, etc. If I decide to look for a job closer to home,
I'll be especially aware of teacher/administrative attitudes toward art
in other schools!
Linda in Michigan