RE: stuck for ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:41:59 -0500

I made clay spoons (ladles) with my fifth graders one year. the pinch pot
was the bowl of the spoon, the coil was the handle (which was decorated with
tiny coils etc... we added some clay impressions. Then I fired once - we
glazed with underglazes for some color - just a little. Then a clear glaze.
They could make them functional, or purely decorative - like an animal or
flower into a spoon. Some designed the coil/handle so that it could be hung
easily.
Ellen