Re: Private lessons

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
markpeterson (markpeterson)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:33:31 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0000_00000078.01BE4EC9

I just picked up a book called "Doing Art Together" by Muriel =
Silberstein-Storfer. She wrote this book after having taught the =
Metropolitan Museum of Art's parent-child workshop. It has some =
interesting thoughts on teaching preschoolers through adults and has =
lesson plan ideas. It might be a good resource.
-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Morey <raboo>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 5:03 PM
Subject: Private lessons
=20
Hi all,
I'm an unemployed art teacher in the San Diego area. Currently I am =
working as a substitute teacher in the Poway and San Diegito school =
districts, (not totally unemployed.) The other day, a junior high art =
teacher called me and asked if I was interested in giving private =
lessons. Well, the conversation sparked my creative spirit and I'm =
ready to go. I am going to attempt to put together an after school =
program for students in the first through eighth grades. My problem is =
this, I have never done this before and most of my experience is with =
high school age children. I have a lot of ideas and inspirations, but =
little else. I would appreciate any advice, direction or information =
that you all could give me. Have any of you ever done this before, and =
if so what is the good, the bad, and the ugly?
=20
Thanks so much.
Robert Morey

------=_NextPart_000_0000_00000078.01BE4EC9

I just picked up a book = called=20 "Doing Art Together" by Muriel Silberstein-Storfer.  She = wrote=20 this book after having taught the Metropolitan Museum of Art's = parent-child=20 workshop.  It has some interesting thoughts on teaching = preschoolers=20 through adults and has lesson plan ideas.  It might be a good=20 resource.
-----Original = Message-----