That strange packing material

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stubby4B (Stubby4B)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 00:02:03 EST

In a message dated 98-02-26 23:12:50 EST, Diane L writes:

> Dear Ellyn,
> sounds interesting, but could you be more specific on the type of packing
> pieces you're talking about? I only know of styrofoam peanuts and shredded
> paper. Thanks, Diane L.

The packing material she is referring to is way cool. It's an environmentally
acceptable alternative to the CFC-blown styrofoam peanuts. These things (they
kinda resemble white cheese doodles, at least the ones I've seen) are
actually made out of cornstarch. They can easily be identified by putting one
under running water and seeing what happens to it - if it dissolves, it's
cornstarch. It's neat stuff.

Duffy Franco

  • Reply: Fran Marze: "Re: Weaving"