Re: Re: Looking for encouragement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:07:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Adryan, Jennifer, and all of you who are getting ready to student
teach,
Wow! You bring back memories. I student taught in 1964 at Horace
Mann Elementary and then at Punxutawney High School. Yep, I'm an IUP
alum. I was also terrified at the thought of going out to the real world.
I was luck enough to have wonderful supervising teachers on the elementary
level. The one in secondary was another story, but you know what they
say-"-What doesn't kill you makes you strong."
It didn't kill me--even though I sometimes wanted to cry. I hope all
of you get encouraging, supportive teachers and have wonderful
experiences. But if you don't--you just make up your mind to succeed in
spite of them. BTW, I've agreed to take my first student teacher this
month, and I'm thinking about how to be the kind of cooperating teacher
who will give her a good start. I'd love ideas from all.
Judy