Re: mineral spirits transfers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:23:10 -0500 (EST)

I've had luck with using regular turps not turpenoid for some reason.
Doesn't work well on textured surfaces, such as canvas panels, but did
well on illustration board. I used it as a starting point for a first oil
painting and had the students work with the kind of "ghost image" as a
jumping off point. Got some really good ones and guess what? some really
bad ones, too. But one of the good ones was amazing! Fran