Re:Point systems

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:08:50 -0500 (EST)

I agree with San D and Fred--too much of points,e tc. would take me to the
wall. What I do occassionally if a class has been really cooperative and
helped with some mammoth cleaning jobs, I'll bring in cupcakes or
something. I call it "Third period appreciation day" It keeps me off the
hook for this daily stuff and it surprises the kids when it happens. Also,
it seems the most problems are whenever I'm tired, not as prepared as i
want to be, etc. Even some of the things that happen unexpectedly aren't
bad. Let's keep up the dialogue. Of course, maybe elementary teachers feel
differently. I don't think I liked keeping all that track when I taught
elementary either, but then...whatever works, I guess. Fran