Re: A Really Good Art Teacher

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ann Wilschke (awilschk.us)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:44:50 -0500 (EST)

I think a really good art teacher makes their students love art. I spend
so much time pondering projects etc. as I think we all do. But one of my
best things this year was a short talk about Wm. Wegman. I had an old
Scholastic poster and part of a calendar and his new puppy book. So I
told the kids about him and showed the images in all classes. The next
day two of my sixth graders came to art and said they had tried to photo
their pet dog ala Wegman. I have had students come in thrilled when they
received the puppy book they requested. I was so pleased. I think this
is what teaching art is all about.

ANN W.