Re: Debbie's policy.....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 06:14:00 +0000

> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:54:35 -0700
> To: artsednet.edu
> From: bkramer.us (Bunki Kramer)
> Subject: Debbie's policy.....

Hi Debbie,
I would like to add on a little here. I also do the parent/student
signature on the rules routine. I also, periodically, put in a column
about my program (art or social studies) in the P.T.A. newsletter of
my school (which is mailed home, so ya know parents get it.) I use
an upbeat tone, but I re-acquaint everyone with the rules. I also
feel that after one-half of the school year gone, at this point
students KNOW what is acceptable behavior and what is not. I
shouldn't even have to give warnings at this point!! Periodically, I
have to stop being the Nice Teacher and go into the Kick Butt mode of
behavior modification. Students who have been 'pushing the envelope'
are the first to experience the KB mode.

-Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA