Re: Rubrics

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 20:45:43 -0800 (PST)

Any chance you would be able to share some of the rubrics with us?
--Carla

Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
People tend to make the best choice from among those they see,
they just don't always see ALL the choices.......

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, dbryan wrote:

> Our school system in Virginia has been writing rubrics for about four
> years now. At first we had a very hard time, and then realized that
> if we had that much trouble defining what made a piece of art good,
> just think what the students were going through! Rubrics are
> wonderful in that the student knows up front what teachers are looking
> for, and as someone said, there is never an argument about a grade!
> We continue to change wording to make them clear, and are all getting
> two tons better at writing them. I would encourage all art and arts
> teachers to use rubrics, because there really isn't anything right or
> wrong in our areas, just good, bad, and ugly, and we all want the kids
> to know what is acceptable....before they start to work, not after.

  • Reply: Ann Wilschke: "Re: Birthdays"