Role of Technology in Arts Education

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Walter Krueger (wkrueger)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:21:59 -0800

At 8:26 PM 2/20/98, Melissa Enderle wrote:
>...didn't think that I and my art students should
>have any use for the computers. Art, he said, is supposed to be hands-on
>studio activities...
>...The music teacher and I are working on a draft letter to our principal
>and staff. We are looking for any arsenal (studies, quotes, etc.) that
>would help support the vital role of technology in arts education.
> Can any of you help? Thanks.

Melissa:

We are *also* exploring the connection between the arts and technology.
Certain websites are devoted to this "winning combination," as one writer
calls it.

Have a look at our web page. Ee call it: "Artstech" The arts and
techbology. It is a growing page of links. Artsednet readers are welcome
to send in suggestions.

At the very least you will see how others approached the subject. There
are some specific links for what I call: "Arts Advocacy."

Another highlight would be the "Virtual Conference" (last year) accessed
from the Artsedge page.

Hope this helps a little!

--Walter Krueger