Re: ART THERAPY QUESTION!! :)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:46:35 -0800

Gary Bogus wrote:
> <snip>
> When ever I talk about artists I try to tell kids about the handicaps they
> have overcome - Frida Kahlo and her physical pain, Jacob jawrence and
> prejudice, Georgia O'Keeffe talking about how "the men didn't accept my
> work".

Don't forget also when O'Keefe became too blind to paint, she turned to handbuilding
ceramics under the tutelage of Juan Hamilton. I don't know if anyone's mentioned it,
but Matisse of course began doing his paper cutouts when he became bedridden. The
output and productivity during this period are astounding.

Maggie**remove x in address to reply