Re: Creativity and Joseph Augusta

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 19:53:13 -0500

Duffy,

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the kind words!

I've had mean spirited posts from this guy twice now. I won't be seeing any
more of them. From now on I'll just delete his posts as soon as they get
here. It really is a simple solution. It has worked well for a couple of
other sour people who I've encountered on this list over the last two
years, so why not this guy? Perhaps that's why this is called a self
monitored list. After trying to redirect bad attitudes and inspire positive
thinking at school all day, I can't be bothered with a chronic bad attitude
here.

Chin up! Thanks again!

Mark

At 2:34 PM 2/21/98, Stubby4B wrote:
>In a message dated 98-02-20 21:31:02 EST, Joseph Augusta responds:

>> This is the bunk I responded to, the myth that only artists are
>> creative, or know a secret. Re-read Edison's quote for the truth behind
>> creating something out of nothing.
>
>Hmm. I think you are misinterpreting this creativity quote. First of all, I
>think it's meant to be kind of light in tone. And second, it seems to state
>pretty clearly that we all possess creativity, but some of us feel we don't.
>I love the Edison quote, too (1% inspiration, 99% perspiration), and think
>that lots can be learned from that.
>
>>> How did you get so sour?
>>
>>Reading your stuff.
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>Joseph
>
>You get sour reading Mark Alexander's posts? Geez, the guy is kinda happy in
>my book. Loves his job, has inspired and knowlegeable lessons, works hard, is
>dedicated to his kids' learning, and does it all from a cart. But, hey, that
>may piss some people off.
>

>Duffy Franco

  • Reply: Fran Marze: "Re: Creativity and Joseph Augusta"