Re: Re: Baggy pants - Long post

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Deborah Neff (den114)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 18:25:38 +0100

I agree 100%, but I don't think we have to ban anything! I missed the
original message which I am assuming wanted to ban baggy pants in school.
For me, fashion is a huge part of my freedom of expression. No matter what
connotations clothing may have, what right do we have to tell kids they can
not wear it? My high school was pretty liberal. We did not have any type
of dress codes. So, I have always been able to express myself through
clothing freely. I wear what I want, when I want. However, there seems to
be a time and place for certain clothes. When I did my field experience,
"professional dress" was one of the grading criteria. I was angry that I
did not get the grade i expected in this area. I don't think it's fair for
people to judge me (or grade me) on what I wear. And, I don't think we
should judge students on what they wear either. So, let the kids wear their
baggy pants, and whatever else they want too! Being able to express
themsleves through clothes lets them find out who they are.