Re: Baggy pants - Long post

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 09:01:00 -0800

Vanfam5 wrote:

> I think that "Gang" stuff is bullshit just to give grownups a reason to ban something that their not comfortable with! I'm a kid that wears big ass pants and I'm not in a gang nor any of my friends, were just skaters and so a few homy G's wear baggy pants and you have to ban baggy pants! Why don't we ban warm ups and designer clothes because most of the G's I know wear this not baggy pants!
>
> From:
> A pissed off skater :(

Hey! thanks for jumping in!

I'm with you, clothes are clothes...and believe me, there are some very
"straight-looking" people doing drugs, and other violence, that are NOT
wearing "baggy pants"....As an art teacher, I see all kinds of forms of
expressions from piercings to barely clothes, and I know what most of us
have become, and that is respectable middle aged people.

I always say" we eventually turn into the people our parents want us to
be".....

Enjoy the freedom of expression with clothing while you can, because
soon enough your life will be complicated enough that you will be towing
"the line", before you know it, there will be mortgages, babies, and 9
to 5 jobs....that's just the law of averages and life in general.

It just seems like yesterday that I made my first skateboard, using
rollerskates....and, I have the scars to prove it. Now, klutz that I
am, I can't even inline.....

San D