Re: scheduling double periods

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 05:49:53 -0800

Linda Stauffer wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the administration
> at my school to schedule double periods for a ceramics class? They are
> building a new high school ceramics lab, to be finished in Sept. 99, but
> they tell me it is impossible to schedule double periods. It is next to
> impossible to prepare, work and clean up in a 40 min period. They like
> things REALLY clean, so clean up takes at least 10 minutes! I'm not
> looking forward to six fourty minute periods a day.

It's probably not impossible, just inconvenient to set up. Our computer
system is rather tyrannical, but the admin skirts around it if it'll
benefit the students.

We have at least one double-period class (and our periods are 85
minutes!) The students simply sign up for both sections (they must) and
then get two credits for it. Perhaps if your course were treated as two
separate periods and students sign up for both...

Good luck.

Maggie**remove x in address to reply